Discover great tips where to find free CNA practice test resources.
Taking practice exams remains one of the most effective ways to prepare for a licensure or certification examination. First, it enables you to familiarize with the styles, time constraints, and types of questions that will appear in the actual CNA exam.
Second, practice test allows you to evaluate where you are at in your preparation and which specific knowledge areas you need to improve on and focus more in your study. If done properly, you will gain more confidence moving forward and win half of the battle of acing the exam.
You have many options when it comes to getting free CNA practice test resources. Here are just three of them:
1. Utilize the Internet. A quick search on Google will give a plethora of resources that you can check out. Just be sure to use the right keywords when searching including the State where you want to get certified. You can start on our CNAHQ archives where you can find sample CNA questions that you can use.
2. Obtain a copy of the NAAP Nurse Aid Practice Written Exam Packet. It’s a compact, 12 pages practice exam copy comprises of 70 sample multiple-choice questions. The test covers the 9 main categories that you will encounter on the real CNA examination. You can download a copy from the link we provide you here.
3. Share resources with fellow aspiring CNAs. Don’t forget, of course, to tap the help of your friends or acquaintances also preparing for the certification exam. Actually you can help each other by sharing your resources or it would be much better if you can do the practice together.
To make the most of your simulation exam sessions, here are some crucial tips to keep in mind:
- Try to imitate the actual exam environment,
- Read each question carefully and choose the best answer as you can,
- Time yourself (the time allotted to finish the test is 2 hours),
- Keep track of the results of each practice exam session, and
- Do as many practice tests as you can till you become confident with your preparation.
Now, getting all the answers right when taking CNA practice tests may not be a realistic expectation. The most important thing is that you have a perfect way to measure your knowledge level and clinical skills. The trick is to gather as much free CNA practice test resources as you can and answer all of them till you score at least 80%. If you get less, you then know there’s more work to do.