The Bush administration''s handouts to pharmaceutical companies just keep on coming. First, it was the Medicare discount drug card scam which turned out to be a system that guaranteed pharmaceutical industry profits thanks to sky-high prices of prescription drugs (the discounts were nonexistent). Next, it was the initiation of an anti-terror drug research program where the government would spend billions of dollars buying and stockpiling expensive drugs and vaccines to counter biological weapons. And now, it''s the announcement that President Bush wants to mandate the mental health screening of the entire U.S. population.
Why is this a handout to drug companies? Because these so-called mental health "disorders" are often fictitious diseases (like ADHD) that can easily be attributed to nearly anyone. And once a person is labeled "diseased," they can be put on expensive prescription drugs to alter their brain chemistry. Make no mistake: this sweeping "public health" initiative is really just a clever way to dope up half the population with expensive prescription drugs that alter brain chemistry. It''s a devious plan. And it''s an invasion of personal privacy.
It''s all made even worse by the sad fact that antidepressant drugs, which will no doubt be prescribed in large quantities under this initiative, are now proven to cause a 400% increase in the risk of a patient committing suicide. They also provoke patients to engage in violent acts against others. These antidepressants alter brain chemistry in dangerous ways and should probably be banned, not unleashed on the entire population.
The fact is, people don''t need prescription drugs to deal with mental health problems in the first place. What they need is good nutrition that includes cod liver oil or other sources of vitamin D (a vitamin D deficiency is one of the most common causes of mental instability), a daily dose of natural sunlight on their skin (sunshine cures depression, and lack of sunshine is strongly correlated with clinical depression in the medical literature), regular physical exercise (strength training, jogging, swimming or other forms of physical exercise powerfully alter brain chemistry in an uplifting way), and of course the consumption of superior nutritional supplements made with brain-boosting medicinal herbs, organic whole foods, or superfoods.
That''s how you solve depression, dementia, schizophrenia and other mental disorders. And you can eliminate ADHD practically overnight by taking children off foods loaded with added sugars or refined carbohydrates and putting them on whole foods, organic foods and select nutritional supplements. See, mental health problems are not caused by a lack of prescription drugs: they''re caused by a lack of nutrition, sunlight and healthy physical activity. If you want the entire country to experience outstanding mental health, you''ve got to get the people to make healthy lifestyle choices and keep them far away from prescription drugs.
But of course actually enhancing the mental health of patients was never the goal of Bush''s program. The intent, it seems, is to generate billions of dollars in profits for Big Pharma while keeping the population in a zombie-like state of mind where they will support more military action against Iraq, or, at least, not question authority when Ashcroft passes the second version of the Patriot Act that makes it a federal crime to not take your medications...
- A sweeping mental health initiative will be unveiled by President George W Bush in July.
- The plan promises to integrate mentally ill patients fully into the community by providing "services in the community, rather than institutions," according to a March 2004 progress report entitled New Freedom Initiative (www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/newfreedom/toc-2004.html).
- While some praise the plan''s goals, others say it protects the profits of drug companies at the expense of the public.
- Bush established the New Freedom Commission on Mental Health in April 2002 to conduct a "comprehensive study of the United States mental health service delivery system."
- The commission issued its recommendations in July 2003.
- Bush instructed more than 25 federal agencies to develop an implementation plan based on those recommendations.
- The president''s commission found that "despite their prevalence, mental disorders often go undiagnosed" and recommended comprehensive mental health screening for "consumers of all ages," including preschool children.
- Schools, wrote the commission, are in a "key position" to screen the 52 million students and 6 million adults who work at the schools.
- The commission also recommended "Linkage [of screening] with treatment and supports" including "state-of-the-art treatments" using "specific medications for specific conditions."
- The commission commended the Texas Medication Algorithm Project (TMAP) as a "model" medication treatment plan that "illustrates an evidence-based practice that results in better consumer outcomes."
- He was sacked this week for speaking to the BMJ and the New York Times.
- There''s nothing in the labeling of the newer atypical antipsychotic drugs that suggests they are superior in efficacy to haloperidol [an older "typical" antipsychotic].
- Lilly made $1.6m in political contributions in 2000---82% of which went to Bush and the Republican Party.
Police state horrors: Bush to mandate mental health screening of entire U.S. population; brain chemistry altering drugs will be prescribed en masse...
The real reason why the pharmaceutical industry keeps inventing new false diseases…
Depression myths exposed! Depression isn''t caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain after all. Drug are worthless against these two strategies that really work to reverse clinical depression!
The Bush administration''s mental health screening initiative is little more than a profit-generating scam...
Why the Bush administration wants to censor scientists in order to promote the financial interests of the sugar industry and pharmaceutical companies...
Why the Bush Administration means more guns, bullets, needles and drugs...
Get the real story on one of the most outspoken critics of the global pharmaceutical industry...
About the author:
Author Mike Adams is a holistic nutritionist with over 4,000 hours of study on nutrition, wellness, food toxicology and the true causes of disease and health. He is well versed on nutritional and lifestyle therapies for weight loss and disease prevention / reversal. View Adams'' health statistics showing LDL cholesterol of 67 and outstanding blood chemistry. Adams uses no prescription drugs whatsoever and relies exclusively on natural health, nutrition and exercise to achieve optimum health. Adams'' books include the Seven Laws of Nutrition, The Five Soft Drink Monsters and Superfoods For Optimum Health. In his spare time, Adams engages in pilates, cycling, strength training, gymnastics and comedy improv training. In the technology industry, Adams is president and CEO of a well known email marketing software company.
Free ebook on superfoods:
These two micro-algae superfoods exhibit astounding healing effects. Did you know that a blue pigment found in spirulina destroys cancer tumors? Did you know that a phytochemical in chlorella rebuilds damaged nerve tissue? These two superfoods offer an astounding array of healing benefits that can prevent and even help reverse cancer, diabetes, heart disease, mental disorders, digestive disorders, obesity, acid / alkaline imbalances and much more. A must read report for anyone wanting to experience optimum health. 39 pages. Free. Click here to read.
See all downloadable health ebooks.
Learn more! Search for news and commentary on any topic: