If you want to find an appreciable number of profitable trades when trading Forex you need to enter the forex market at the best period of time. This means you should enter when the activity, the volume of transactions, is the highest. All experienced traders focus on the hours when the currency markets tend to make their biggest moves, i.e., during the big market overlaps, which therefore, are usually the best times to trade.
Forex markets are open worldwide with the following schedule:
* New York Market trade times: 8am-4pm EST
* London Market trade times: 2am-12Noon EST
* Great Britain Market trade times: 3am-11am EST
* Tokyo Market trade times: 8pm-4am EST
* Australia Market trade times: 7pm-3am EST
Forex markets have also these timing characteristics:
* Forex Trading begins in New Zealand, followed by Australia, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and America
* The US & UK account for more than 50% of the market transactions
* Forex Major markets: London, New York, Tokyo
* Nearly two-thirds of NY activity occurs in the morning hours while European markets are open.
From this timing facts, it is evident that at any given time, somebody somewhere in the world is buying and selling currencies. As one market closes a different market opens. Business hours overlap, and the exchange continues as day becomes night and night becomes day.
The great liquidity of Forex, combined with the fact that''s traded 5.5 days a week around the world, offers every trader an exceptional independence and choices to trade Forex when you want to and not when the market wants you to do it. Its a facts that trades always develop with relatively the same frequency, regardless of time. As long as the Forex market is open, there is about the same probability that you will find a trade, whenever your look for it.
Forex market volume of transactions remains high during the whole day, but peaks highest when the Asian market(including Australia & New Zealand), the European market and the U.S. market are open simultaneously. And these are the best trading hours you must target in order to find the highest possible amount of profitable trades.
During each trading day, the total Forex volume is determined by the number of markets that are open and the times each of these markets overlap one another.